All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Creona wrote:
For a point of reference as to how much I love Mass Effect, I played through the second one three times straight through. Once for my initial run, once to beat it on the hardest difficulty, and once to get my "perfect" run for ME 3.

That's what I'm planning to devote my time to before 3 releases, hopefully with all the DLC for 2, just so I can eke out as much Mass Effect as I can.
From what I gather Lair of the Shadow Broker and the Arrival DLCs will have some substantial payoff in 3.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:
Although it says that Multiplayer is entirely optional, the way it describes it doesn't sound that way. Everything affects your galactic readiness level for single player - but you can still get the "optimal" ending if you don't play multiplayer.

I never play mutiplayer. Last multiplayer game I played was Team Fortress on the PC. So if it turns out to be a big part of it, then I'll be annoyed.

More news. The folks at Gamesradar have had a hands-on with the multiplayer and had the following to say regarding it's effect on the ending:

Gamesradar wrote:
Before you panic, though, remember how the endgame of Mass Effect 2 worked. Rush towards the climax without checking off enough of your team’s loyalty quests, or without mining enough to purchase your team’s recommended upgrades, and anyone could die. Even Shepard. The Galaxy at War system is similar – if you’re as much of a 100% completionist as you were in Mass Effect 2, finishing every possible side mission and visiting every possible planet, you’ll bank enough War Assets that you won’t need the multiplayer. But if you’re not that obsessive-compulsive, the multiplayer provides an alternative route to experiencing the game’s optimal conclusion. The developers at BioWare aren’t punishing you… they’re giving you options.

They then go on to say that due to the multiplayer not being necessary to banking enough "War Assets" to get the best ending who will be bothered enough to play it? Whilst it is cool to play as a Krogan, Asari, Salarian, Turian or Drell the horde mode-esque mulitplayer seems to be somewhat superfluous to ME3. Makes me wonder why they honestly bothered when they've managed more than adequately without it for 2 stellar games thus far.

Full article is here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I want:

Gain Experience After Kills, Cutscenes, Mission Completes, Starting Missions, Hacking Containers
Able to Master All Skills
Custom Classes
Multiplayer
Max Level 200
Add Mako with Boost Speed
More Experience to Level Up then just 1000 EXP each level or how much EXP you need to level up in ME 1,
it needs to be higher
You can explore Unexplored Planets and can scan for Resources, or go to anomaly
Change Armor and Weapons in the Pause Menu and the Normandy
Buy more pets, like dogs, cats etc.
Buy Furniture
Buy More Music for you Radio in the Captain Quarters
Keep your level and have 30 skill points, and keep your skill levels when you Import a Level 30 ME 2
Character
Detailed EXP just like ME 1:
Keep your skills from ME 2
Add More Skills
Better Armor Custozimation (like it tells you the color of the weapon)
Weapon Customizamation (Add Attachments to weapon, and color it and add patterns like the Armor Customization)
Buy Weapon Attachments
Keep ME 2 Upgrades System
Able to Land on Earth, and Earth has Missions too
Able to Land on on the Moon Lunar like in ME 1
Able to Land on Mars, Mars has some Missions too
Able to Loot Dead Bodys and Containers

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

zpbs1914 wrote:
I want:
Buy more pets, like dogs, cats etc.

Order the N7 Collector's Edition then so you can have "Robotic Dog – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:10 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Playing the demo for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will net you some items for use in Mass Effect 3 (and vice versa with the ME3 demo). Free items for playing a demo sounds like a fair deal to me.

The items to unlock for ME3 by playing the KoA:R demo:
Quote:
Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.

The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:47 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Mass Effect 3 demo is out, has been for a few days now, but the multiplayer section has just opened to everyone. After having played a few rounds I may revise my feelings toward multiplayer in Mass Effect. It isn't all that bad. Plays like a Horde gametype, with a few side objectives sprinkled in to spice it up.

The match-making isn't always ideal, which is one problem that I see with it, and hosting a new game can take ages to find four players. Quick Match is the way to go but then you could get all of one character archetype and have no diversity in your squad.

Should anyone fancy a round or few then feel free to search out MonkeyBourbon on xbox live.