Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Legion of Super-Heroes: 1,050 Years of the Future (TPB)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 am 
Knight

Thanked 3 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

This is a great starting off point for new fans of the Legion of Super-Heroes (LSH). It has their original appearance with Superboy as well as a few of their defining adventures of that era. Then it introduces almost all the major members in a few pages of origin specials and a guided tour of their HQ. Then it leaps to a Jim Shooter classic adventure and has a few pages of text by that author remembering those years and some of his earliest influences. Did you know he was 13 when he wrote his first LSH story!? Then it has the pilot adventure from both the reboots as well as a page or so of the writer explaining why they felt they needed one.

I think it is great for people wanting to get into LSH because it features choice bits from all their different "periods" and now I can pick which series to follow as well as be a bit acquainted with their history overall. The only bad part was seeing Cosmic Boy in his "S&M period" (I don't know what else to call his costume there). It also makes a nice gift for older LSH fans with all the commentary by the various writers and the nifty cover art. Not a bad price at $20 considering your getting 200+ pages.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.