Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:49 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
5 total thanks.
Say thanks

''Alone In The Dark'' And ''Silent Hill'' Are My Favorite Horror Games And ''Grudge'' For Nintendo Wii

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:46 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love watching people play survival horror games and stuff. Wayyy too nervous to play it myself though. I used to be scared of that first encounter with a zombie scene in the first resident evil game for the ps one when I was small. Really got to me as a kid when it turned around with that bloody mouth. -shiver-
There's this one game called the Haunting Grounds, I believe, where you play this girl and you have to run around looking for an escape while also hiding under beds and stuff from this huge guy who chases you. It would definitely make me real antsy if I tried to playing it haha

Post subject: Re: Scary/Horror Games
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:07 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

You have to play Dark Corners of the Earth. Not so new, but it's the best HP Lovecraft based game and it's VEEERY scary :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:09 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (or smth like that)

Creeps me out every time I play it :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:14 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I still remember the first time a dog jumped through the window in the original Resident Evil. That moment was a game changer. I recently picked up Dead Space 1 & 2 but have yet to get to them thanks to my backlog. They may have just jumped up a few spots thanks to everyone's input.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Someone must have already said, but Resident Evil 4 is now on all of the current gen consoles. It's less scary than previous versions,but infinitely more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:43 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Dead Space 1 and 2 are both fantastic, and are best played by yourself and/or in the dark. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are also both fantastic horror games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

There're very few games that can make me nervous while playing, let alone scare me. The only game ever to put me really nervous, and even scare me, is Clive Barker's Undying. That game is a gem, sadly no much known. If any of you haven't played it, you should. It's really fun, the atmosphere is fantastic and creepy (at least for the most part), and the story is top-notch.

Second to that, the Silent Hill series is as you all know one of the best atmosphere creators. There're others too, Fatal Frame series (especially the 2nd, Crimson Butterflies, by far the best one), Clocktower 3. Even Doom 3 can be scary for some people.
Resident Evil 4 is not scary but a great game indeed, as is Resident Evil 5 (altough even less scarier than it's predecessor).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:53 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

While not being a great game in terms of controls and gameplay, the original Clocktower was pretty creepy and suspenseful. The first time I played the first Resident Evil game was a great experience, too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:51 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:
I'm a fan of "I Have No Mouth,and I Must Scream" an ethical point-and-click game,while horrifying,I'm not sure how scary it is by modern standards.

^This.

Also, Sanitarium, another older point & click adventure game. But probably the scariest game I ever played was Dark Fall, a Myst-like ghost story by an indie game designer set in a closed-down UK train station hotel. That game made the hair on my arms stand up.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

The first three Silent Hill games are great. Even in its old form, Silent Hill 1 can still give me nightmares and surprise me, and I've played it plenty of times.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 am 
Squire

86 total thanks.
Say thanks

faloola wrote:
So I got Amnesia ... and I just got to the water part and I refuse to continue for the time being. I'm too terrified. Whenever I'm just about to play I always think, "Oh, it won't be so bad this time around. Just think about other things and don't focus on the scary noises and all that." But, of course, you CAN'T because it's a puzzle game and you want to spend the least amount of time running around as possible so you have to pay attention because not only is running into a monster a b*tch but going insane is also super annoying especially when you have to find light and you don't want to waste tinderboxes/oil and ahhhhhhh.

Stress. That's what this game is. I'm still wondering why I'm playing. Sigh.

I recently downloaded the game during that halloween sale and I'm stuck at the water part too. It really is stressful! I was showing it to my friends and they were like F*ck that too scary and the controls are confusing. We're too used to playing Resident Evil on the Wii...ahahah I wish we had a Gun in Amnesia, the game would be a lot easier.