Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:52 pm 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Just so long as they make it more fun to go exploring, like what they did with fallout.
And also get rid of the immediate fast travel system thet they had in oblivion...you kind of just ended up fast travelling pretty much directly where you needed to go, which killed the game for me.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:54 am 
Marquis

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

munkee wrote:
Just so long as they make it more fun to go exploring, like what they did with fallout.
And also get rid of the immediate fast travel system thet they had in oblivion...you kind of just ended up fast travelling pretty much directly where you needed to go, which killed the game for me.

Some people don't have the 2 hours needed to get from, say Anvil to New Sheoth on foot. If I wanted to and had time to explore, that's what I did. Fast Travel be damned.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

When I got to see some at Quakecon, and I saw the part which had him use a dragon breath that slowed time down, then used a combined lightning attack, he sent the foe flying through the air, i was like I need this.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:19 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

munkee wrote:

The thing about fast traveling is, if you don't want to do it, don't do it. There is no reason to remove it for the people that do like it. sometimes I liked to explore on foot, but no fast travel would have killed Oblivion for me. sometimes you just want to get where you have to go immediately, not waste time walking or riding a horse there.

I'm very excited for Skyrim, although I'm not excited about Dragons appearing randomly. Still, as long as its not too common, it won't ruin the game. This is one of my most anticipated games coming out this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:31 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah. Waiting for this game with anticipation. I guess Skyrim will be the GOTY for 2011.
Just not sure to either get the Collector Edition or normal version for PS3..hmmmm

Post subject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:04 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hype it's over 9000 for this game.....
I'm thinking about the upgrade of my jailbroken ps3 to play this ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:23 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I think the AI for this game looks horrible.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/AJuNDie4TpY?t=19s[/youtube]

I mean, look at that. Shoots one guy with the bow, the other doesn't move.

The rest of it looks amazing, but it makes me sad that a dragon hunting game lacks harpoons and spears. Bows and Arrows should do nothing against their hide and simply doesn't look powerful enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

loved oblivion, can't wait for this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:44 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

ive played since i first picked up morrowind and i am 1 of the few that lover oblivion and skyrim looks amazing ..WOW is the only word that will describe it. you also left out alot of features in the game like 1 thing im really exited about is the ability to use 2 weapons 1 in each hand to dual wield magic or 1h weap and 1h magic its something thats a huge change in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:33 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Really struggled with Oblivion (mainly due to the poor third person option) but am looking forward to Skyrim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:10 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Also looking forward to this. All the footage and previews coming through gaming websites is tantalising. Nov 11th can't get here soon enough, far as I'm concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Anybody in the Kingdom picked this game up yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:23 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I got it on day one. It is awesome, even better than Oblivion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:17 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've picked this game up too. It has a fantastic, new magic system where you can cast two spells at once that interact and entwine with each other later on in the game. You can slay dragons and absorb their powers, combining them together as well. The graphics are UNPARALLELED with any other open-world game, it seriously looks better than any other game of the entire genre, or any fantasy/action/adventure game for that matter (GET IT FOR PC FOR MAXIMUM OMG FACTOR).

My favorite part is the new skill level-up system allows for a talent-point like system where you gain new abilities, increased damage, special effects from spells, etc. etc. etc. through skilling up and levelling up. For instance, as you skill up pick-pocketing by pick-pocketing people over time, you can get a bonus % to pickpocket them, then move on and get a 25% extra chance to pick-pocket when the target is asleep, make pickpocketing gold 50% easier or make pick-pocketing keys almost always succeed, and move on to pickpocketing EQUIPPED ITEMS, which is hilarious. But you can only unlock these skills from skilling up and levelling up, then placing points in the skill specialties to gain the bonuses. It's fantastic.

I love this game. Definitely a good buy for ANYONE who likes an action, adventure, RPG, or open-world game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman55555 wrote:
I got it on day one. It is awesome, even better than Oblivion.

Better than Oblivion? Cool. I'm eager to get my copy in the post. Should be here any day soon.

xmrksthspt wrote:
The graphics are UNPARALLELED with any other open-world game, it seriously looks better than any other game of the entire genre, or any fantasy/action/adventure game for that matter (GET IT FOR PC FOR MAXIMUM OMG FACTOR).

My computer isn't up to running a game like Skyrim so I've ordered a copy for my 360. I've heard there's a graphical bug when installing to HDD, as well as a few other glitches, that'll be patched soon.
Any game breaking glitches found so far that I should watch out for?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next