Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Spectacular Spider-Man Vols. 1-4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:39 am 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

This series came out with about the same animation style as The Batman, and has a huge cast of voices. Almost everyone I remember from the Spider-Man comics is here: Vulture, Lizard, Rhino, Doc Oc, Green Goblin, even Black Cat. The supporting cast is pretty heavy too: Gwen Stacy & Mary Jane (!), Flash, Harry Osborn, JJJ, even Betty Brant(-Leeds). The action was awesome and made me wish I had web-slingers. Cool music and it stuck pretty well to what I remember from the comics (except for the symbiont suit but that's understandable) so this was a well done show.

Only bad thing (and I hate when anybody does this) is that each volume has three episodes. I mean, c'mon! I wanna pay for each disc separate when they should come all in a set. NOT! I hated when they did this with TMNT ssn.3. I hated that they are still doing it with the Brave and the Bold. I hate it now with Spider-Man. That's why I didn't buy it. I watched it on NetFlix instant, :lol:

I wish they would wise up and stick these shows in complete sets so they aren't a pain collecting them...

:spider:

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject: Re: The Spectacular Spider-Man Vols. 1-4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:42 pm 
Count

Thanked 3 times for this post.
2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

the complete seasons are already sold for a decent price,selling it in 3 eps-per-set like video cassettes should be irreverent,no ?

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: The Spectacular Spider-Man Vols. 1-4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:07 pm 
Knight

Thanked 3 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:
the complete seasons are already sold for a decent price,selling it in 3 eps-per-set like video cassettes should be irreverent,no ?

Ah, your right. I was only going by what my local retail stores had on their shelves. (why do they even try to sell them separately???)

If you can find the complete set then my only complaint about the series is voided. The series is quite good and I would recommend the complete set as the storyline does progress over the whole series and you'll enjoy it all the more for catching the entire plot. :venom: